On my solo travel to France at the end of last year, I discovered the delicious taste of an authentic french salad whilst sitting in a Parisian café in the heart of Paris!
Since then, I have made this salad for my family back home in Australia- and they seem to enjoy it just as much as me.
It may be a bit strange or bizarre for some...but if you are keen for some protein and a satisfying salad- give this a try!
|Top picture is from the café, and my recipe creation is below!|
Note: There are two different ways that I had this salad prepared for me in France...one had potato, the other had rice - I think its a personal choice depending on your taste buds and what you feel like in the moment! I recommend both!
Here is the recipe! (single serve for lunch/dinner)
- handful of chopped, mixed lettuce leaves (any lettuce you prefer- but crunchy cos lettuce tastes great!)
- 1 boiled potato, diced (cold) or 1/2 cup of boiled rice (cold)
- 1/2 a can of green beans chopped (add as many as you like!)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, halved (you can also quarter a truss tomato instead!)
- 1 small can of tuna in springwater, drained
- anchovies (to your tatse- remember they are quite salty, I usually add 3-4)
- black, pitted olives (again as many as you like, I usually add 6)
- 1 boiled egg, halved (cold)
You can use a pre-made mustard type dressing, like a Dijonaise and mix a small amount of balsamic vinegar to make a lighter vinaigrette...
or create your own by adding a small amount of good quality mustard (the french love their mustard!), olive oil, salt & pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
Method: Arrange lettuce on the plate, top with potato/rice, beans and tuna. Arrange the tomatoes & egg around the salad. Finish off with the anchovies and olives, then add the dressing on top!