"Rice Salad with Sweet Paprika Chicken"
This recipe is such an easy and healthy way to eat some grains, protein and veges!
- 3 chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika ( or more depending on your taste)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 can of sweet corn kernels
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup of finely chopped dried cranberries or blackcurrants
- 1 cup of rocket leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad…combine all ingredients in a bowl. Combine dressing ingredients together, and then toss through salad. So simple!
- For the chicken… combine diced chicken, garlic, paprika, oil, and lemon in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes ( or longer.) Cook on medium heat in a non-stick frypan until cooked through and golden. Serve either hot or cold with the salad!