Thursday 25 April 2013

seeking

hey guys!

So lately, my thoughts, hopes, fears, passions, longings.... have all been drifting, changing and being all over the place! Thats just me I guess. I seem to have a very BIG problem with sticking to things, whether that is an idea for a painting....or even what I think I want to do after my degree and in my future. I have even been considering the thought of stopping my studies ( half way through my degree) moving to France in a little village (with my grandparents) working at a boulangerie, and riding my cute Parisian bike to work each day....

steph's photography 
...but then I really think. Is this really what I want to do? Is this what God has planned for me? 

To be honest, I really want to do whatever it is God want's me to do in life...I want to serve Him in whatever job or experience He gives me to live out. Perhaps it is working in France in a bakery, or maybe an art therapist...or possibly (and most likely) something I haven't even thought or comprehended yet, because God is full of good, good surprises!

So yesterday I took some time out to sit down in a park, absorbing the warm autumn sun, writing in my journal, praying to God and reflecting on His work in my life. I was lead to the very popular, but never the less very truthful and hopeful verse of Jeremiah 29:11....

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

It was good reading these words again. But, I read on further and discovered even more truth in the next few verses...

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”" Jeremiah 29:13-14

God says that is we seek Him with our whole heart, we will find Him. God promises us this! That He will reveal Himself to us. The more we seek God, and desire to know Him as Father, King and Saviour, the more we find God in our lives, in our decisions and in our hopes for the future. He is bringing me back from the darkness and captivity and renewing my hope each day. Some days are harder then others, but He has promised that if I seek Him I can find Him.

And so, I guess my prayers are this...that I can seek God and His will for my life, whatever that may be. And in knowing Him more, I can trust the plans He has for me for my future.

Amen sister friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment