Friday 11 January 2013

about me.


The journey...


Just like my blog’s name suggests, I am a young woman made up of a little bit of this and that…

also, I am on a journey. A journey of becoming the woman God has made and wants me to be. This journey has not been, nor will ever be perfect and lovely all the time…because life here in this fallen world means we will eventually experience suffering and pain in one, or all of its forms, whether physical, emotional or spiritual…

But, there is hope in this journey. This hope comes from Jesus alone, who has saved and redeemed me through His death for my sin. He has given me hope for a Heavenly home, where God will wipe away every tear…

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

Hope. Love. Joy. Peace. Freedom…

Jesus.

I am not alone in this journey… I have a strength to overcome, to conquer, to be victorious, to be joyful in suffering, to persevere through trials… a strength that is not my own…

“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength…”
Phillipians 4:13

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever…”
Psalm 73:26

“…in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us...”
Romans 8:37

I am learning that freedom that is found only in Christ.

“…where the spirit of the Lord, there is freedom…”
2 Corinthians 3:17

And by God's grace, He is renewing me day by day (2 Corinthians 4:16) because in Christ, I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)…


This journey is filled with beauty and majesty and grace, even in the simplest things in life! Art, food, friends, books, music…. these are filled with God’s grace and love, sometimes it just takes time or a different perspective to see the beauty in all things..

I long to make, to write, to learn, to experience Creation…I have a passion for art and creating – and my inspiration comes from the Creator… who made everything including me, and knows me, and loves me…“see, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands…” Isaiah 49:16

And so, I want to share with you my journey on this blog for a few reasons…

Firstly, I began journaling through last year and found a freedom and expression in writing about my experiences, prayers, praises, worries, longings, dreams, hopes, fears and failures… So, I decided that to blog may be another way I can discover and embrace the journey God is taking me on with Him…

Also, I have been immensely encouraged, challenged and 
convicted by blogs that I have discovered throughout last year. The stories of Christian women and their lovely, and lonely experiences, has shown me that I am not alone on this journey, but sisters that are found in Christ from all over the world are clinging to Jesus, and are finding hope and satisfaction in Him alone in their journeys too…

These blogs have been amazing blessings for me in the past year and I hope that maybe my stories can encourage others in some way. I will be posting some of these experiences and stories in time.

So, this blog is about my journey through this and that … random and spontaneous pieces of who I am as a daughter of a Creator, Saviour and King.


my drawing inspire by Hebrews 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment