Saturday 12 January 2013

Wise words.

To begin this section of my blog I have chosen three quotes that are so very, very true and challenging ...

I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one’s thoughts. It is easy to talk oneself into a decision that has no permanence- easier sometimes then to wait patiently.”

“…the things that we feel most deeply we ought to learn to be silent about, at least until we have talked them over thoroughly with God.” 

“I never wanted to read the last page of a book until I have read all the preceding pages. There is a pleasure in doing certain things in the proper order.” 

-Elisabeth Elliot

(More on Elisabeth Elliot to come in a new "people who inspire..." section of my blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment