Monday 14 January 2013

Reflection on this season..


I feel so inspired at the moment to be creating, making, writing, reading, listening, learning... 

And I have been! 

I have begun this new year with such a renewed and refreshed attitude and perspective on who I am, and more importantly who God is and what He wants for my life. I have been realising that using the time God is giving me (before I get back to the reality of university and study) to embrace the simple things in life, whether that is through art & craft, or cooking, or simply enjoying a coffee with a dear friend... these things are all good and beautiful, especially in this new season. 

There is a time for everything...
 and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

...and I think this time, this season is for reflection and renewal, imagining and creating...

 "Wherever you are, be all there..."

Jim Elliot - how true your words sing to my soul! I am in this season, and I want to be all here.

So, I will go on with these simple pleasures of writing, reading, creating, making...
because this is what and where I am, now.








No comments:

Post a Comment